In this lively 2-hour class we will discuss why the strategy of “getting a doctor’s note” (or clearance, or permission) to work with clients who have complicated health challenges is not useful. Then we will use sample templates to initiate conversations that get us what we really need: relevant information so we can do our work safely.
Participants will be able to…
- Explain why the strategy of “getting a doctor’s note” is not useful.
- Compare the concepts of “scope of practice”, “standard of care” and “code of ethics”
- Initiate HIPAA-compliant conversations with healthcare providers to support safe and effective clinical decisions.
- Use sample templates to support conversations with healthcare providers.
- Empower clients to be engaged and involved in discussions with their healthcare team.