This course is a follow-up to A Massage Therapist’s Introduction to Pharmacology Part 1.
In this one-hour self-paced unit, we look at the medications that are recommended to manage the following conditions:
- Pain and inflammation
- Cardiovascular disease, specifically high blood pressure, high cholesterol, blood clotting problems
For each medication on our list we will cover pharmacodynamics, common side effects, and appropriate accommodations for massage therapy.
Participants will be able to…
- Identify common names of drugs used for each of the categories of disorders
- Describe how the drugs work to create physiologic changes
- Predict possible side effects for each drug under discussion
- Plan appropriate massage therapy accommodations for drugs and side effects